This page will provide the information on current NSW Government COVID-19 restrictions apply to the Sapphire Aquatic Centre and what is being implemented to comply.
Facility Update 23 August 2021
Sapphire Aquatic Centre is temporarily closed under the NSW Government Stay at Home Orders. For more information, please visit:
We ask that all visitors observe the following and are aware of how to protect yourself and others.
- Minimum of 4m2 per person (use judgement based on activity type and available space).
- Maximum Pool capacities based on above are 25m Pool (162), Multi-pool (117), Splash Pool (35).
- Bookings will not be required moving forward, just maintain 1.5m where possible (recreation)
- There will be times that the pool will be unavailable or have limited space for the general public, staff are to use judgement based on the available area.
- If areas reach capacity, individuals will only be permitted to enter as others leave i.e. one in, one out or additional areas open up (i.e. after bookings)
- Electronic Sign in (QR Code) is required
- Please follow staff directions
- Maintain good personal hygiene, including washing/sanitising hands regularly during your visit
- Maintain physical distancing (1.5m) where possible and/or 2m2 per person
- Please stay home if unwell, showing symptoms and get tested.
- We encourage visitors to download and use the Australian Government’s COVIDSafe App
- Contact information will be recorded for each visitor and kept confidential for a period of 28 days.
- Bookings are no longer required, however maximum capacities will still apply.
- Please check our Pool Availability for group bookings/programs to help plan your visit
The purpose of these changes is to ensure there is opportunity for as many people to utilise the facility as possible within the existing Government restrictions.
Bega Valley Shire Council and Sapphire Aquatic Centre continue to implement our COVIDSafe Plans and processes to maintain the health and safety of our staff and customers. This includes revised cleaning frequencies, facility signage, as well as changes to work areas and processes to keep everyone safe.
We continue to appreciate your patience and understanding during this time, thank you.
If you have any enquiries in regard to the above, please contact the Centre Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm.