Sapphire Aquatic Centre’s Challenge Squad program is currently unavailable as recruitment is undertaken for a new swimming coach. Afternoon squad programs will commence in line with the Term 1 Lessons. For any enquiries, please refer to our Aquatic Programs Supervisor, Lucy Williams.
Squad Progam Overview
Junior Development: the entry level squad for young swimmers who have progressed from learn to swim programs in order to continue their swimming development.
SwimFit: Intermediate level squad for skilled swimmers who want to swim for fun, further develop their swimming or to enhance their fitness level for swimming and other sports development.
Challenge: This competitive squad is for serious athletes who are motivated to compete at Inter-club, SESA, Country, State and National Championships.
Swimmers will need to be assessed and/or committed to swimming as a sport. Performance and attendance requirements are a pre-requisite for maintaining a place in this squad.
Adult: This squad is open to adults is great social squad where programs are catered to swimmers of varying abilities. It is a great opportunity to improve you fitness and swimming at the same time, in a supportive and social environment.
Sapphire Coast Adult Swimming Club: We are also home to the Sapphire Coast Adult Swimming Club, who participate in our squad programs and meet every Sunday at 10am and Tuesday at 11am.
Swimfit & Junior Development:
- School Term based program (9 weeks) weekday afternoons and Saturday morning.
Challenge Squad Training:
- Challenge squad is currently not available.
- Private coaching sessions available
- Holiday Intensives, dryland and specialised programs may be held when resources and numbers permit.
- Challenge Squad training continues through during school holidays when available.
- There will be no training on Sundays or Public Holidays
For information on fees and to enrolment contact the Sapphire Aquatic Centre on 02 6494 3100.