Squad & Development
Sapphire Aquatic Centre has recruited Brett Cassidy as Head Coach for our squad programs. Brett joins the team after our very experienced and successful coach John Pelling retired in 2019, after a coaching career spanning 4o+ years.
Brett brings a range of skills and knowledge to the program including tertiary degrees in Exercise Science and Sports Coaching, Bronze Coaching Licence, and has developed experience under high performance coaches in competitive swimming clubs such as Ginninderra Swim Club (Canberra), Bayside Swimming Club and Surrey Park (Melbourne).
Brett is involved in coaching across all levels within our program, and will work with our instructors for the benefit of all swimmers.
Squad Progam Overview
Junior Development: the entry level squad for young swimmers who have progressed from learn to swim programs in order to continue their swimming development.
SwimFit: Intermediate level squad for skilled swimmers who want to swim for fun, further develop their swimming or to enhance their fitness level for swimming and other sports development.
Challenge: This competitive squad is for serious athletes who are motivated to compete at Inter-club, SESA, Country, State and National Championships.
Swimmers will need to be assessed and/or committed to swimming as a sport. Performance and attendance requirements are a pre-requisite for maintaining a place in this squad.
Adult: This squad is open to adults is great social squad where programs are catered to swimmers of varying abilities. It is a great opportunity to improve you fitness and swimming at the same time, in a supportive and social environment.
Sapphire Coast Adult Swimming Club: We are also home to the Sapphire Coast Adult Swimming Club, who participate in our squad programs and meet every Sunday at the centre at 10am.
Swimfit & Junior Development:
- School Term based program (9 weeks) weekday afternoons and Saturday morning.
Challenge Squad Training:
- 5 mornings a week ( Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday) at 6:00am – 7:30am
- Additional Challenge squad sessions available during school holidays and where resources permit.
- Private coaching sessions available
- Holiday intensives, dryland and specialised programs will also be available
- Challenge Squad training will be held from 7.00am – 8.30am during school holidays.
- There will be no training on Sundays orPublic Holidays.
For information on fees and to enrolment contact the Sapphire Aquatic Centre on 02 6494 3100.