Our Council and Aquatic Facilities teams have been closely monitoring the advice from NSW Health and Australian Government Department of Health regarding the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic. We have not been directed by Council, NSW Health or within the industry in relation to need to close swimming pools.
We are monitoring the situation and advice provided to determine actions required. To minimise the risks to yourself and others, we ask that you please pay careful attention to the information and advice below:
- Come to the centre if you are feeling unwell, or have any cold or flu-like symptoms
- Come to the centre if you have been in contact with anyone who has a confirmed case of COVID-19
The best way to protect yourself and others, and reduce the spread of the virus, is to practice good personal hygiene.
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water for 20 seconds, or use an alcohol-based hand rub
- Avoid close contact with anyone with cold or flu-like symptoms
- Use rinse showers prior to swimming
- Practice cough etiquette (keep away from other people, cover coughs and sneezes with disposable tissues or clothing, clean your hands immediately afterwards)
- Try to avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
At our centres, our staff will be taking some extra precautions, to try to reduce the risks. These include:
- Encourage staff and customers to remain at home if they feel unwell
- Undertake additional cleaning and disinfecting at the centre where required
We strongly encourage everyone to monitor and follow advice from the relevant authorities.
- NSW Health: https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectious/diseases/Pages/coronavirus.aspx
- Australian Government Health Department: https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-health-alert